Sunday, August 5, 2012

Really Easy Polka Dot Nails!

Now for the tutorial I promised...

I got to thinking of how I would wear my nails when I go back to school. I knew I wanted something that would make a statement; but I didn't want anything too flashy. So I got inspired and came up with this! You can't see in the picture, but my thumb also has the same style dots. I used my favorite blue, white, and a bobby pin for this look.
First, paint two coats of your favorite pastel color. I used blue because as I was looking for a perfect school design, I got inspired by the nautical theme and thought it was perfect for the end of summer transitioning into fall. 
After the base is completely dry (very important) take a bobby pin and bend it apart a little ways. Put a big glob of the polish you want to use for the dots on a paper plate.
Dip the tip of the bobby pin into the white and put dots on your nails close together, but staggered. I love using a bobby pin because i'm too cheap to buy a dotting tool and they both give the same results.


I waited an hour for the dots to dry so I was positive they wouldn't smear into each other.
I told you it was easy! In my opinion this is perfect for the first days of school. After a few weeks go by i'll probably do something a lot more dramatic :)
I used "White On," and "I need a refresh-mint." (This one was in my July favorites post) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment