Monday, August 13, 2012

Easy three step stripe manicure!

I figured I shouldn't do any more polka dots, so I tried stripes! This is actually very easy, but a little time consuming. You need patience and a steady hand :)
I started off with a very summery coral base. I preferred the shimmer because the stripes were going to be matte and the gold stripes are sparkly. And as always wait until it's completely dry.  
Taking a white, I just used the thickness of the brush to make the stripe. It doesn't matter how even the edges are because you'll be covering them with a smaller stripe anyways. Again it's important for the base to be dry or else it will smear into the white. I went out and bought a gold polish with a detail brush, but if you don't have that then you can take a clean detail brush and mix some gold glitter with a topcoat until you get the right consistency.


And that's it! Again it's very simple but perfect for summer.
See you soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment