Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pattern Manicure

This is waaay more easy than it looks. I love the red and the white together; they both make each color look more appealing!
What you need:
Red, white, and black polish
Materials for clean up

First you want to start off with one of the colors that you chose for a base. Wait until this layer is completely dry before adding the next.
Taking the second color, apply a stripe-thing towards the top of your nail. I did two coats of the white because on the first one the red streaked through from the bottom. If you want to make sure you have a straight line, you can use tape; but since I put a black stripe over the line anyways I free-handed it. I also wasn't afraid to get the polish on my fingers since the white comes off very easily.
Add the black stripe.
Draw random lines in any pattern over the white. This is where you can conceal any mistakes that were made in the white polish by covering them up with the black. When you want to put the top coat over, place a big glob of the polish near the cuticle, and swipe very quickly, over the whole nail just once to make sure you don't streak the other colors into the white.
What I used:


'White On,' and 'Everybody loves Redmond.'
The top coat I got from Sally's for $4.99. The black was a dollar at Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment