Monday, July 16, 2012

My hair care routine/ easy tips to grow your hair

7/16/12

The first step is to
cut out all the harsh dyes. If your hair is color treated, I recommend dying it back to the original color while you are growing it out.  This is key if you want to avoid split ends and over drying. When your hair is the length you want, then it is a better idea to dye it.

My routine:
In the morning when I shower, I start out with a moisturizing shampoo. Then when it's time for conditioner, I lather it all over my hair and then I step out of the water to let it soak in for around 5 minutes. If you quickly rinse the conditioner out right after you put it in, you wont see any results. While you're standing out of the water you can shave, use body wash, etc.

When I get out of the shower, I wrap my hair in a towel for around 5 minutes. This ensures less blow-dry time.

When it's time to style, put in a leave in conditioner, and some frizz taming serum. If you MUST blow dry, use the cold setting. Your hair will really benefit from this. One reason my hair started to grow quite fast was because I only heat style my bangs. If you must heat style, make sure you use a heat tamer. I recommend Tresseme Heat Tamer Spray.

Throughout the day try to keep the sun exposure to a minimum. If I'm going outside for a long period of time I will use a serum called Matrix (I got this at my local salon.) It protects your hair from all the elements outside.

At night make sure you tie your hair up into a bun, or two braids down the side of your head works great, too. This is a great way to protect your ends from getting torn and tangled as you sleep.


Other tips:

Throw out the brush. I LOVE wide-tooth combs. My breakage has decreased 99% just by using a comb instead.

Get a trim every 8 weeks. At first this was a really hard step for me since I didn't want to cut my hair at all, but I noticed that with just a trim my hair grew 10 times better. The leftover breakage at the ends stopped, and my hair didn't look frizzy from split ends.

Olive oil is your bff. Once a week I will spray a generous amount of olive oil in my hair and tie it up into a tight bun overnight. This is perfect if you want extra shine and softness.

Wear your hair up as much as possible to protect your ends!

Lastly, the second most important step is to wash your hair every other day. Definitely invest in a good dry shampoo. Washing your hair strips it of the natural oils it needs to grow.


Products I use:
Redken All Soft shampoo and conditioner 
Aussie's leave in conditioner
Matrix Silk Wonder by Great Clips
Pssssst! Dry Shampoo
Natural organic olive oil spray & hair spray
Got 2 B Playful hair clay

No comments:

Post a Comment