Sunday, July 15, 2012

Half and Half nail art



7/15/12



I love this :) The glitter is a little messy, but it's super easy!
First- take some black electrical tape. Scotch tape works too, but I figured I couldn't see what I was doing with it. Tape half of your nail. It's easiest to cut out all 10 pieces before you paint, and line them up with the middle of your finger.

Paint the other half of your nail. While it is still wet, dip in in some glitter, and brush the excess off. Wait about 1 minute, and peel the tape off slowly; push down any polish that rises with the tape.
This is what it looks like after the glitter! Taking any paintbrush, swipe off the extra glitter; it comes right off the skin!
Now for the hard-ish part.
I free-handed the black on the other side, but if you want to use the tape: make sure the glitter half is completely dry (30 mins to an hour) and lay another piece of tape over the glitter. Paint the black on the other side and peel off. 




If any of the glitter escapes into the black, you'll have to paint another coat. Also, paint the top coats separately so you don't mix the colors.



Colors I used

On Top of the World by Sinful Colors
The black didn't have a name, but I got it at Icing in a set.
I got the glitter from a craft store.
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment